New Quiver Project (Pics included)

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: New Quiver Project (Pics included)

Post by Ringulf »

Greg wrote:
Dirhael wrote:Looks fantastic, Greg. Is that your bedroll poking out a bit above the groundsheet? how do you keep it waterproof?
An excellent question. I think I'm going to re-wrap that like an upside-down burrito so the groundcloth covers the top of the blanket...maybe the bottom too. I've never had issues with rain surprising me while trekking in the past, but now that I'm in the midwest, where anything is possible, I should do something about it. Thanks!
You know Greg I was just thinking that if you made the bag to roll the ground cloth up in about a third longer than the cloth itself when in a roll, you could keep it upright and not have to fight gravity and twist the neck (or not) fold it over and tie it. It would shed rain quite nicely with treated canvas or oilcloth and you might be able to use the bag for other things when not needed (extra arrow bag perhaps?) :?:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: