Ben Potter bladesmith - worth a look!

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Ben Potter bladesmith - worth a look!

Post by Peter Remling »

I saw a link to Ben Potter's site due to a post showing a new seax. The post and tutorial are worth a look.

http://www.seekyee.com/Bladesmithing/th ... orial1.htm

Check this out: Ben Potter's available list, this is sweet

http://www.seekyee.com/Bladesmithing/av ... ilable.htm
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Yeah, I think Ben does an awesome job. I'd love to be able to buy that knife. I would like to see more of his work.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Ben notified me that he is thinking of dropping the price on the knife. I'd LOVE to get it, but with the layoff, that's not a possibility at this time. So I told him I'd let everyone know about the knife.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Now I'm gonna have to watch that knife like a hawk. If he drops the price enough I'll have to snatch her up.
Winter is coming
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Ben Potter bladesmith - worth a look!

Post by David »

The Fierce Friend knife looks REALLY cool, but is also REALLY expensive...there's no way I'm paying $900 for a knife, when I could get a Saluki bow for almost $200 less...
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

David wrote:The Fierce Friend knife looks REALLY cool, but is also REALLY expensive...there's no way I'm paying $900 for a knife, when I could get a Saluki bow for almost $200 less...
Ben just dropped the prices on his available knives. He really does outstanding work. I'm trying to swing that Filipino Bolo on his site.
Winter is coming
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by David »

mcapanelli wrote:
David wrote:The Fierce Friend knife looks REALLY cool, but is also REALLY expensive...there's no way I'm paying $900 for a knife, when I could get a Saluki bow for almost $200 less...
Ben just dropped the prices on his available knives. He really does outstanding work. I'm trying to swing that Filipino Bolo on his site.
Yes, he did, just not on the one I wanted him to... ='(
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40