NALS (North American Longbow Safari)

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: NALS (North American Longbow Safari)

Post by RangerKellen »

Awesome!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

An update for all y'all: This year's NALS will be at Comox Lake on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. Here is a link to the brochure/registration form for NALS 2013:
http://courtenayfishandgame.org/Documen ... NALSv2.pdf
The event is July 6th and 7th.
Shooter Registration is $50 (and you get a nifty "door prize." Every year I've gone, this prize has been really cool. Last year's was a 10" dutch oven), camping fee is $20. Some other items available which up the cost if you want them.
Campfires are allowed in designated areas.
Of special note to you Ranger craftspeople: John Strunk of Spirit Longbows is doing a workshop at the shoot. If you're interested you should contact him directly: 503-842-4944. Usually how the workshop works is that you arrive at the NALS site a couple days early, they teach you how to make your own selfbow, and you come out at the end with a bow of your very own!
I mean to go and bring my two Rangers, and the three of us plan to camp out and participate in true Ranger style! Garb and gear, all the way! Hope some of you decide to come; I'd love to meet you!
Happy Hunting
Southwind
Wanderer

Post by Southwind »

now THAT looks fun! I seriously need a place to practice...campus/dorm weapons rules mean no bows :evil:
- Southwind (Gwaiharad)
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

For the record, no one should worry about being out of practice or "not good enough" to shoot. There are some really lousy shots and there are some insanely skilled longbowmen. The whole atmosphere is super cool and non-judgmental. You only really compete with yourself. Think of it as opportunity to practice, but with a whole crew supporting you and cheering you on.

Is anyone planning to definitely be there this year? Just curious.
~D
Happy Hunting