Already bought mine!

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Already bought mine!

Post by Cinead »

My copy of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey this morning ON the way to my job (a teacher!)...
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Already bought mine!

Post by wulfgar »

I'm waiting until December for the Extended Edition. I have all of the LOTR trilogy Extendeds with the Weta statues, I'm hoping that they do the same thing for this trilogy.
You can't take the sky from me.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

I've gone back and forth about whether I'm going to buy the theatrical version or wait until the inevitable extended version comes out. I've decided that I'll probably pick up a copy this afternoon. I wish I had some digital editing skills- I'd like to sit through a version without Poopbeard the Buffoon, that is, Radagast the Brown, among other things. I guess that's what the 'fast forward' button is for.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'll have my copy then. I'll end up getting the extended version later, just like all the copies of the LoTR.
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

I'm waiting for the extended editions as well.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Pwyll

Post by Pwyll »

Okay, third quarter, the extended addition will be out. With an additional 20 - 25 minutes or so.

http://www.hypable.com/2012/12/08/hobbi ... -run-time/
Pwyll

Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

I saw the Extended Edition at Wal-Mart today. I didn't get it because I already had too many "extras" in the cart. Has anyone else picked it up yet?
You can't take the sky from me.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I've heard they're kind of hard to get one's hands on at the moment, and that many locations aren't carrying the "full" version. I'll be looking for it pretty soon myself, so I hope they get that sorted out.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I picked it up at Walmart myself for about $12.00 I had spent more on renting it from Redbox with all the times I have done so, the extras (especially the full collection of Blogs) was well worth the price.

I really want to get the first Hobbit Chronicle book as I was just in the bookstore the other day and looked through the second one that just came out in support of the second movie, they are so chocked full of many great additional materials. It is fascinatiing to me not only seeing what made it into the movie, but the concepts that were close and yet did not.
Great source material for items and garb that might be used in our own personas and kits!
:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Got my extended edition Hobbit on blu-ray this week, glad I waited.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.