You just can't take a leasurely stroll in the woods anymore.

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

You just can't take a leasurely stroll in the woods anymore.

Post by Peter Remling »

These pics were taken over 2 years ago.

Chris and I were out taking a stroll in the woods (mind you The Lord of the Rings movies' final installment had recently come out so it was still in the minds of many adoring fans).

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 006_16.jpg

Chris and I were swarmed by a group of fans. Chris is the big good looking guy on the right and I'm the constipated looking guy on the left (contrary to what they tell you Elven Prune Juice doesn't help).

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 010_12.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 5_17-1.jpg

In the third photo they even tried a spell.

Failing that they tried the use of force. (note the spear)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 007_15.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... 009_13.jpg

It wasn't until Chris employed the use of a distance weapon that they finally got the idea, that we just wern't going to sign any authographs that day.

I ended up knocking down the orc photographer to swipe this film.

:lol:

Sorry Chris, I was bored, it's raining so I can't go work on my sword project and I'm waiting for the glue to set on Jessie's two scabbards. :lol:
Faolan
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Faolan »

Which of the orcs took the chunk out of your shield?
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Faolan wrote:Which of the orcs took the chunk out of your shield?
Actually none. In order to maintain my environmental friendly statis, I make all of my shields out of unlevened bread. This way if I get hunger, I can always chow down on a shield rim or the ever popular plum pudding shield boss. Should a piece be broken in combat, it will feed many of the inhabitants there and is completely biodegradable.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I love your pics! I made a shield like that as well! Small world LOL post more pics please!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Love it! Hilarious!

I'm just glad my group doesn't get swarmed by tourists...some of them might decide that they're not carrying foam boffers for nothing, and "drive said cattle" down the mountain.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Chris Russo

Post by Chris Russo »

:D I remember these! Good times, good times.

I want to do one of these shoots in the snow sometime. I have an idea for a shot involving lots of red food coloring...

Anyone who ever wants to do Rangery photo shoots, I got to tell you that Pete is great to work with. He's got great ideas and tons of spare props. All we really need is some rubber Orc masks.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Chris...I can't wait for it to snow again so I can see that.

Rangery photo shoots, eh? I've thought about it quite a bit, but I never thought to include props and such beyond my gear. Sweet deal!
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Let's do it! who's with me?
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

I'm in! Perhaps this discussion warrants a separate thread...maybe something like this could become a contest. If I had some gear to spare, I'd throw something us as a prize, but in the meantime, let's just see what we all can come up with photo-wise.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That is a great idea! I have been trying to get folks on the yahoo group to do that for a while with no results, so have at it! I do have a Ranger pic on my Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/freerangecelt

but I am sure I can come up with something better.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Nice shot Ken.

Chris and Mike, you guys know I'm in. I'm going to pm Ed K tonight ( his birthday is within the next few days), I'll see if I can get him involved too. For those of you who don't know Ed, he owns one of each of Christian Fletcher's LOTR limited series swords plus a Borderwatch and has a very serious movie Aragorn costume. I'll see if I can find a pic and post it here of Ed in garb.
Greg

Post by Greg »

This is really exciting! I already can't wait for the yardage I ordered from periodfabric.com to arrive, but now, I'm practically dying. I really need to finish up my clothing; I've been rangering in dirty jeans for far too long now.

To the tune of what Chris was saying, if any of you want some tips on how to make fake blood really well, let me know and I'll email a friend of mine who's an intern at a special effects studio for film, and post his email here.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Peter Remling wrote:Nice shot Ken.

Chris and Mike, you guys know I'm in. I'm going to pm Ed K tonight ( his birthday is within the next few days), I'll see if I can get him involved too. For those of you who don't know Ed, he owns one of each of Christian Fletcher's LOTR limited series swords plus a Borderwatch and has a very serious movie Aragorn costume. I'll see if I can find a pic and post it here of Ed in garb.
So let's all do something man. You just tell me when and where and if I'm not working I'm in!
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

SO jealous.

I swear, that Ranger meetup thingy is gonna happen sometime. Since a fair number of you are close together up there in the Northeast, I'm going to have to keep you all posted next summer. I'm doing a cross-country road trip, filming a documentary about the worldwide hobby of nerfing, and I may have a spare day up in that area, so I might be able to run into some of you guys for lunch or a day hike.

For documentary info, see www.seasonoffoam.com
Chris Russo

Post by Chris Russo »

Just keep me posted--I'm always up for another shoot.
mcapanelli wrote:
Peter Remling wrote:Nice shot Ken.

So let's all do something man. You just tell me when and where and if I'm not working I'm in!