Star Broaches!!

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: Star Broaches!!

Post by Straelbora »

Picked mine up from the post office today. They look great and are a great size and weight. Now to decide which goes where....

Thanks again!
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Mine hasn't come yet. Hope the snow that is falling isn't going to hinder its arrival. But if it does, it's okay. I still have to make cloaks for those receiving the broaches.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Eric yours is late because of me. Well and the weather. I'm hoping it warms up more today as our roads are still wet and it's only 25 degrees out so not risking ice.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Any word on when we think the next run will be happening? I may be in need of a few, at your leisure.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Kiriana wrote:Eric yours is late because of me. Well and the weather. I'm hoping it warms up more today as our roads are still wet and it's only 25 degrees out so not risking ice.
Okay, good to know. A broach isn't worth risking life and limb (not joking, no smileys here). When you can, let me know when to expect it.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Greg wrote:Any word on when we think the next run will be happening? I may be in need of a few, at your leisure.
She actually has several on hand right now, so it shouldn't be a problem to get more to you.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Eric C wrote:Okay, good to know. A broach isn't worth risking life and limb (not joking, no smileys here). When you can, let me know when to expect it.
Went out today. Should be there by Saturday.

Greg I have a few steel and several bronze. Robin sent me all that he made this casting so now that all the ones that have already been paid for have been mailed, I can now send out as soon as payment is made. Then all I have to do is forward the money to Robin but don't have to wait for him to send to me first as I already have them.

I have 4 steel left and 12 Bronze
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Kiri, I don't know about these broaches. They have me worried. The wife checked the mail this morning and pulled out the package. My daughter told her that it was empty. The wife said they were small so she just overlooked them. Then they noticed the package was open and there were no broaches! My wife went to the post office to let them know. It seems the stars cut their way out of the wrapping and were running adventures of their own in the mail basket. All three were rounded up and sent home with us. So you see, they've started trying to do some ranging without us it seems. :lol: I'm just glad they were all found here in one place instead of being scattered over 2 states.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh wow.. that's a first! Have never had that happen before. I may have to double wrap them next time I mail any out so they can't cut through.

But I am glad you did get them.

Shadowhawk
Dúnadan

Post by Shadowhawk »

Got mine this morning. very cool. Now to figure out where they go, and how
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I'm so sorry Kiriana the bronze is me and I have not yet been able to send the finances, I will take care of it as soon as I can if you don't mind holding it for me for a little bit. I should be fine before the weekend.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I have all the brooches Robin made.

4 Steel and 12 Bronze left. Whenever you get the money is ok. Because then I can ship right away and all I have to do is forward the payments to Robin.