Camp Coffee

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Camp Coffee

Post by Daerir »

To me, rangering wouldn't be the same if I could have my coffee. A percolator pot is nice to have around but it isn't really needed for one or 2 people. Well my mother just happened to buy me this nice little ball that is actually for tea but I cant see why it should work for coffee too. :mrgreen:
I cant believe I never thought of using a tea ball to filter the water a little bit. Now my coffee wont be like drinking sand!!
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: Camp Coffee

Post by Eledhwen »

They work, as long as you have more coarsely ground coffee. I take green beans with me, roast 'em on the fire, smash 'em up with the poll of my belt axe, then toss them into the corn boiler when the water is boiling hard. Once the water cools the grounds drop to the bottom. If they are too bothersome a piece of cloth over the cup sorts it out for the most part.

You can just grind them to the coarseness you want and carry it with you that way. Some of us are gluttons for punishment (fun?). ;)

Shiny dude, shiny

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
brownl_91
Dúnadan

Post by brownl_91 »

That would work if you grind your beans, most stores have a grinder which have a coarse setting on them. I usually just put ground in my cup then when its done boiling, I poor a little cold water on the top and the grounds go straight to the bottom.
Addreonynn
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Addreonynn »

brownl_91 wrote:I poor a little cold water on the top and the grounds go straight to the bottom.
As I was working my way to the bottom of the page, I was planning on suggesting just this. My dad did this once when my little sister and I woke up early to make breakfast for my parents and the grounds in the coffee pot... :oops:
If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
To truly survive in the woods, one must be able to thrive in the woods