For Sale: Albion Laird Medieval Sword

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

mcapanelli
Haeropada

For Sale: Albion Laird Medieval Sword

Post by mcapanelli »

Hello all,

Here's the next one taken in trade. As the title states she's an Albion Laird. She's never been cut with and is as new. Here's the discription from the Albion site:
The Scottish sword has characteristic features that puts it apart from its continental cousins: the down sloping guard with spatulate ends and a wheel pommel with very high rivet block.

Most swords made in Scotland were probably produced by cutlers mounting imported blades with hilts according to local taste and tradition. Scottish warriors were faithful to old customs and ways of warfare. This is evident from medieval times up to the 18th C.

A sword of type XII, according to Oakeshott´s typology, is defined by having a broad and evenly tapering blade. It should have a good point and a fuller that is 2/3 to 3/4 of the blade length.

This is perhaps the most classic of all blade styles. A weapon that is broad and bold with understated elegance in shapes, lines and volumes.

And the stats are as follows:

A Limited Edition Hand Crafted Collectible Sword
This sword is offered in a limited edition of only 500 collectible swords worldwide.

Specifications
Total length: 38.625" (98 cm)
Blade length: 31.5" (80 cm)
Blade width: 2" (5 cm)
CoG: 4.375" (11 cm)
CoP: 20.5" (52 cm)
Weight: 2 lbs 10.4 oz (1.2 kilos)

New this sword would cost you $930 before shipping. I'll let her go for $800 shipped in the CONUS. Pictures will follow over the weekend but http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/alb ... d-xii2.htm will cover anything I've missed and have much better pictures then I'm capable of. If your interested just shoot me a PM right here. Thanks for looking and have a great week.

~Mike~
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Re: For Sale: Albion Laird Medieval Sword

Post by mcapanelli »

It was such a nice day I decided to take some pictures. If there's any other shots you'd like to see just PM me.

Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Are you gonna have anything LEFT to go rangering with once all this stuff's been sold? Sheesh...you'd think you had a basement stockpiled like Pete. Then again...you probably do...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote:Are you gonna have anything LEFT to go rangering with once all this stuff's been sold? Sheesh...you'd think you had a basement stockpiled like Pete. Then again...you probably do...
HAHA, I don't have a stockpile. I used to but times are lean these days for the self employed. These swords were taken in trade for another sword I sold. The intention i selling my Squire was to roll it over in to other orders and maybe have some extra cash in the process. I have a Soldat on order from Albion and I'll be either getting an Albion Knight or an A&A Duke of Urbino as the single handed rangering sword. It seems the economy has caused bartering to be on the rise. Already I've had 6 trade offers on them from other forums. So if I want to make the money back I have to sell these. Can't say I'm disappointed though. I've never checked out the Laird and never even held anything from Darkwood so at least I got to give em a whirl. If I had the money fee to just pick up the Soldat I'd probably just keep em both. This particular sword is much nicer then I thought it would be. I expected it to be more blade heavy as a type XII but it's very neutral. The point control is much better then expected.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Greg wrote:Are you gonna have anything LEFT to go rangering with once all this stuff's been sold? Sheesh...you'd think you had a basement stockpiled like Pete. Then again...you probably do...
Not to sidetrack Mikes' thread but if you think I'm stockpiled with blades, you need to talk to DLS. His house looks like a Sword Museum or a Ranger's wet dream.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

$775 shipped in the CONUS.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

$750 Shipped in the CONUS.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Because I like it here so much I thought I'd offer a special price for my fellow rangers. If you buy the sword here as a registered member I'll let her go for $650 shipped in the CONUS.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Things I'll trade for:

Albion:

Yeoman
Squire
Burgundian
Sempach
Viceroy (Of course at the current price point it'd have to be a rather old one)

Arms&Armor

English Longsword
Duke of Urbino
German Bastard Sword
Cavalier Rapier
Dresden Rapier

Ollin swords and mad dwarf workshop are interesting as well. I even like a bunck of pieces from Paul Chen and love the new stuff from Valiant Armory. I'd consider partial trades and also will compensate for items of greater value of course but my funds are quite limited right now (It's my slow season).

Thanks for looking and have a blessed weekend!

~Mike~
Winter is coming