Wes Hal!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Wes Hal!

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Hail rangers.

My name is R.D.Metcalf, My background includes horsemanship,
WMA, and blacksmithing as well as search and rescue and outdoor survival. I'm located in western North Carolina near the Tennessee line.

My historical interests are 11th century Britain particularly Northern Britain and of course Scandinavia. This interest led me to Tolkiens works. I look forward to the discussions ahead and learning from each of you.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Wes Hal!

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail!

Welcome to the group! There are a few of us on the board who are located in NC, or connected to it. My wife and I live in Iredell county. I hope to hear more from you and your interests as well. You will find this group is the best!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome glad to see a new poster has joined.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Thank you, Gentlemen! Its good to find a place that combines my love of swords, WMA, history, Tolkien and woodsmanship...This place definitely suits me to the ground 8) Its also good to see so many of us Carolina folk here.

I also had better thank my friend Peter Remling for telling me about this place, if he thought I had snubbed him he might loose a clothyard in my direction :lol:

Many thanks for the warm welcome.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome, from a man of the West!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
David
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by David »

Suil, Metcalf! Ni meren le govaded!
You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. -Genesis 27:40
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

R.D.Metcalf wrote:

I also had better thank my friend Peter Remling for telling me about this place, if he thought I had snubbed him he might loose a clothyard in my direction :lol:
Never my friend!

Oh and in case you hadn't checked, Arik stops in here once in a while too.
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

Hail, and well met!
settle right in . by the by you sound like you are fairly close to my neck of the wood. here in johnson county TN .just accross the line from boone NC.
nice to see more of us getting together. :mrgreen:
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Well Pete there was that time you grazed my neck but I'm glad you did that mutant zombie raccoon almost had me..Good shooting, Brother! :D
Also I just finished reading Ariks thread about wool, I'm looking forward to hearing from him 8)

Jolromir, I've been to Johnson County, but I'm closer to Greenville and Newport TN depending on which fork I take when I cross the mountain :) Many thanks for the welcome.

Greg, many thanks, Cali is a beautiful state!

David, Thank you. Admittedly I havent read my Tolkien well enough
to understand the language. Currently I only have my well worn copies of 'The Hobbit' and single volume LOTR trilogy. I have much to learn from you. 8)

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Don't use David as a standard to reach unless you feel up for losing yourself to the books for a few years. He's a linguist by nature.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hey R.D., It's good to see you here. It looks like you are getting settled in nicely. I look forward to reading more from you as you learn and grow, as well as hearing from your experience in the areas of interest that you have already mentioned. Some of us here are trying to put together a Ranger Moot in the area, but I haven't checked yet to see if you have responded there. As for my whereabouts, I'm in Franklin County, northeast of Raleigh and am always looking for opportunities and money to head toward the mountains.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Eric, Thank you. I'll check that out.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Gareth wrote:Welcome to the board! It's always nice to see the insan.. comunity gorwing! :lol:
Ummm..... What are you trying to say there Gareth? By the way, welcome to the boards Mr Matcalf. I believe I've seen you around either myarmoury or sword forum. And don't worry, I won't hold your being friends with Pete against you. :|
Winter is coming
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.