Weapon Descriptions of Middle-earth

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Weapon Descriptions of Middle-earth

Post by Greg »

That is a GORGEOUS sword! In the movies, all of the attention is on Sting and Anduril, so no one really takes any notice on the other Hobbit's swords (though the Rohan-made blade Merry is given is quite awesome as well) but Sam's I always thought of as ugly. But I use the excuse that we never see it sitting still, really, so there's no way to see how awesome it is until someone does something magical like this.

I want one. Too bad "The replica was created using the finestgrade materials and craftsmanship available" typically means 400 Stainless and poorly tempered. Anyone have any info about their forging process?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Not really but UC sells SLO's they might look cool on the wall but thats all they're good for. Brendan at Fable blades is a good bet for safe functional LOTR inspired swords. Generally speaking a cheap sword is just that...a cheap sword. I would rather save my pennies and only have one sword as to have an armoury full of swords I dont trust.
A weapon is an investment, of time and money..buy the best and work hard to attempt to perform up to your weapon.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Agreed. I own four blades...my VA Bristol, a Ritter Steel Boot Knife, a Nepal Kukri, and a MRL Dagger...no duplicates in any category (though I'm not counting the functional Katana blade I'm making a handle for...)
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.