langseax

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Shadowhawk
Dúnadan

langseax

Post by Shadowhawk »

Made this in my spare time. Its not pretty, nor traditional and not even forged, but the metal is spring steel and its damn sharp. Spent an hour splitting small logs into smaller ones with, and no signs of dulling. or damage of any kind. Took a full force swing at a really large log and no damage to the blade again. It now hangs on the small of my back in my main kit. Oh by the way, I'm back. :lol:
Attachments
langseax2.jpg
langseax2.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 6677 times
Langseax.jpg
Langseax.jpg (31.23 KiB) Viewed 6677 times
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: langseax

Post by Ringulf »

Very nice sounds like a great work/camp peice. Just the thing for a ranger who must get many uses out of a single item. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Re: langseax

Post by Eric C »

Pretty doesn't win the day (unless it's a beauty contest :roll: ). A good usable tool does. Nice work!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.