New Cloak!

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

New Cloak!

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

This cloak like the tunic was made by Twin Rose Designs

Heres the front veiw: http://yfrog.com/4ucloakfront1j

My pennannular will be iron and worn a bit higher on the shoulder than shown here in the pre-ship photo.

Heres the back: http://yfrog.com/83cloakback1j

Heres the front in detail: http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/9192 ... etail2.jpg

The overall length is about 50", the hood sports a medium length tail and there is an ebony toggle that draws the cloak a bit tighter around the neck for a scarf like effect for warmth and to keep the hood from blocking my peripheral vision....*Edited to use a big word* and correct a link. :lol: . The material used is pre-washed wool flannel.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: New Cloak!

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice, looks to be a fairly heavy weight.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Thanks Pete, I'm honestly not fabric savvy enough to say what weight this wool flannel, I would guess a medium weight? but pre washing will full it up a bit. I've asked Andrea to pre wash all the wool I've got so far. At first I done this for easy maintenance, I can machine wash my garb on gentle/cold and line dry.But seeing how full the wool got, the wash also makes the garments insulate a bit better.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Looks VERY nice!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I really like your cloak! I have heard many good things about Twin Roses, and will have to check them out. There is nothing better than a good cloak in the cold. A couple years back we went to Closing Day at the Ren Faire. It was a cold windy November afternoon, and the cloaks we had kept us more than warm. We need to start a fashion trend! Now you have to have some pics made in your new cloak!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Speaking of Penannular brooches, have you ever seen these guys?

http://www.craftycelts.com/celtic_brooches.html

We have some of their pieces and have met them in person several times, great stuff and looks good with kit. We gave a horse pendant to a Ranger lady friend of ours who wore hers to Dragon-con, and Bruce Hopkins aka Gamling talked to her at length about it. We got a personalized pic as well :lol:
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

The cloak does look good and really warm. I will check those guys out when I get a chance.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

"Speaking of Penannular brooches, have you ever seen these guys?

http://www.craftycelts.com/celtic_brooches.html

We have some of their pieces and have met them in person several times, great stuff and looks good with kit."

"Now you have to have some pics made in your new cloak"

Mirimaran, Those folk make excellent looking broaches. As far as pics go thats my next goal *if* I can find someone to take them.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

well there goes my bugett lol.
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by dwayne davis »

seriously though i see a tourqe with my name on it. :mrgreen:
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

jolromir wrote:seriously though i see a tourqe with my name on it. :mrgreen:
They are very cool to see in person. I have the wolf belt buckle and it is a very solid piece.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I've done business with them since Pennsic XXII...torcs, bracelets, pendants, brooches.

I have the paired oak leaf cloak clasp for my Bard-Druid cloak, dragon and bear bracelets, boar, bear, and dragon pendants, falcon, dragon, and historic torcs and even bronze hair pins and similar things.

Great folk, awesome products.

Siani
Nandalad!