Well....There went the neighborhood :(

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Well....There went the neighborhood :(

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Anyone checked out Shirespace today? Take a look at the new members we now have: AndrewGanjaSeeds, BloodTestAlicia223 , livesexcamchat, tommycoloncleanser, costofteethwhitening, pocketcamcorder , detoxfanatic, loanmodificationchicago, clubpenguinsecrets.....I just highlighted the more obvious ones, there are two pages of these jokers! :shock:

What a bunch of ....nevermind... that would spam a site with such great potential...Its a damn shame! :evil:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Well....There went the neighborhood :(

Post by Peter Remling »

R.D. you should of seen the fakers we had on several instances. It took a while but we now are reasonably secure. When we do get an idiot, they are generally given the boot quickly.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

"When we do get an idiot, they are generally given the boot quickly."

Egads! they're on to me! :lol:

On a more serious note I just hope this doesnt dissuade anyone from joining either site. both here and shirespace are great places to be.

Check out my new blog post on shirespace, its a poetic look at internet marketing :lol:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

R.D.Metcalf wrote:"When we do get an idiot, they are generally given the boot quickly."

Egads! they're on to me! :lol:

Yep, I was just about to take administrative actions. Alas, you caught me though. :cry: :P

But seriously, Jack has done much to secure the site and I am learning more about it myself. I checked in once recently and found a user that had posted like ten threads all trying to channel people to his site. He's not here any more.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Just read it, that was great!!

http://community.shirespace.com/_A-poem ... 61432.html

Thought I'd post a link for those who are not members.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Every site gets those idiots but as long as the admins stay on top of it they clear them off quickly.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

On our Yahoogroup we have to approve all new members, so we weed out the bots and spammers pretty quick, and put those on the fence on moderation.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

It just seems a shame that someone would waste all that time just to shoot down a site devoted to all thats noble and good about humanity.

Eric, I'm glad I caught you, dont boot me just yet, I'll reform...I'm still young.... theres hope...I think :lol:

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hope? I don't know. You HAVE fallen in with us now. :P
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

LOL. You guys are alright! 8)

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
devon

Post by devon »

Hey guys! I can't tell you how happy I am to have your group involved with my site. ShireSpace is better for it. I declared war on the spammers and they have been erradicated from our site. I now personally approve all members... Hope to see you all around. :)
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Hey Devon: We noticed and appreciated it, thanks! Shirespace btw is pretty cool, nice interesting folkes.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I echoe Petes remarks 8)

Excellent site!

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~