forum member introductions/bios

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

doghsin
Wayfarer

forum member introductions/bios

Post by doghsin »

well met all.
ive been lurking these pages for a while now, and decided its time to voice some of my opinions in the discussion.
obviously different people are here for different reasons, but i could find no board or sticky for members to introduce and explain themselves...
am i guilty of not looking hard enough, or was it deemed unnecessary?
"We must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and children yet to be born. We must protect the forests for those who can't speak for themselves such as the birds, animals, fish and trees." -Qwatsinas
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: forum member introductions/bios

Post by Peter Remling »

Hi and Welcome Doghsin:
A good many of us came over from another Middle Earth forum and still others from SFI Sword Forum International, so many of us were already familiar with each other. Several folkes have introduced themselves the way you are doing, but most have just dived right in to the conversation.

Fortunately we don't bite, so feel free to join in any active or inactive conversation. We actually thrive on different points of view.
Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome please jump in and post away. I always get excited when I see the red dots for new post :D
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome to the group! There's alot of really nice guys and girls here who know way more than I do, so it's fun to learn a thing or two. I look forwrd to your posts!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome! Enjoy your stay! Glad to see someone new! I'm using way too many exclamation points! Huzzah!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

No, most of us don't bite. Pete may nip you now and then, so be forewarned. :lol:
Welcome and please join right in.
Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Eric C wrote:No, most of us don't bite. Pete may nip you now and then, so be forewarned. :lol:
Eric

I know I've lost count, what are we up to 3 shots at Pete in as many days? I need a new PR man!

:lol:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Peter Remling wrote:
Eric C wrote:No, most of us don't bite. Pete may nip you now and then, so be forewarned. :lol:
Eric

I know I've lost count, what are we up to 3 shots at Pete in as many days? I need a new PR man!

Yeah but you had to share at least one of those with Gareth. You only co-starred in that one. It's much better to get the shots all to yourself. Isn't it? :P
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Peter Remling wrote:
Eric

I'm on it, chief!!! I dub thee Peter the great! Hail Peter! Maker of leather goods, conasuer(SP) of fine arts, Poster of posts, slayer of monsters, lover of women, drinker...of drinks! A rangers ranger, the type of ranger all rangers aspire to be, the ranger people think of when they think ranger.

Now back off, hooligans! or I shall kiss Petes arse some more...after he showers! :lol:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

R.D.Metcalf wrote:
Peter Remling wrote:
Eric

I'm on it, chief!!! I dub thee Peter the great! Hail Peter! Maker of leather goods, conasuer(SP) of fine arts, Poster of posts, slayer of monsters, lover of women, drinker...of drinks! A rangers ranger, the type of ranger all rangers aspire to be, the ranger people think of when they think ranger.

Now back off, hooligans! or I shall kiss Petes arse some more...after he showers! :lol:
Oh you're good ....and hired! :lol:
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Peter Remling wrote:[:

Oh you're good ....and hired! :lol:[/quote]

With my skills, Pete, we'll be grooming you for 2012 presidential race, possibly a seat in parliment with your name on the queens honor rolls, a knighthood, and croix de guerre for slaying a crocodile on the Seine...with your bare hands.

Just sit back and relax, I need to go bribe some people....Which reminds me...whats our budget like? ahh...nevermind... we'll IOU then kill them when we take power. I also need to find a very passive yet large croc and somehow get it to France. I will also tie a kitten to a railroad track....Dont worry the news crew will show up just as you untie it!
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hey everybody. Have you heard about this guy, Peter Remling? I heard this person talking about him. Evidently he's a great guy! I expect to see great things out of him.
Scratching head and mumbling to myself: I'll be danged. It does all depend of a good PR man. :lol:

Oops, we're gonna scare the new folks off before we know it. :cry:
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Eric, dont worry about the new folk. I've taken the liberty of mailing each of them an autographed 8X10 picture of Pete! So we're good! :lol:

Well...there was this one guy that was kinda mad that he didnt get a tee shirt...but you cant please everybody.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I don't think I have seen any of the new guys making any comments. I'm sure they don't know how to jump in yet.

But if it helps I have 2 billboards ready to go just need the right pic of Pete with that perfect pose.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"