Some pics from our recent Ren Faire (Pic Heavy)

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Some pics from our recent Ren Faire (Pic Heavy)

Post by caedmon »

Just a couple shots and a video of the boys & I in the historic village at the 3 Baron's Renaissance Faire. We portray pewters showing the process of making pilgrim badges and spoons. There are some shots of us, a little bit of our setup, and a youtube video of my middle son playing the vielle.
declan.png
declan.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 8230 times
pewtererandapprentice.jpg
pewtererandapprentice.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 8230 times
furnace.jpg
furnace.jpg (522.97 KiB) Viewed 8230 times
smithy.jpg
smithy.jpg (665.33 KiB) Viewed 8230 times
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Some pics from our recent Ren Faire (Pic Heavy)

Post by Harper »

Thanks for sharing.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Very cool!

I love seeing the village grow a little every year: is it the same location as usual? It looks so verdant!

... and WOW! Are those hanging cauldrons your work?! They look right out of the MoL artifact books!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Elleth wrote:Very cool!

I love seeing the village grow a little every year: is it the same location as usual? It looks so verdant!

... and WOW! Are those hanging cauldrons your work?! They look right out of the MoL artifact books!
Yes, we're still in the same spot. The green is probably is due to two very dry years, which have meant that we haven't had to put down many wood chips to soak up the the water of the near bog that is Tozier Track.

The village has really grown. Most of our buildings still require a forgiving eye, but are getting better. The kitchen isn't nearly as elaborate as the one Rick made, but Sandy has a building for the bakery, and this year they added a brewer's shack. My smithy is new, next to Cov's much larger one. Kevin & Anne have rotated the house to accommodate a larger market. We have the saxon market cross, and a ruined roman wall/shrine that I don't think we had when you were here?

The cauldrons are my work, I actually had six hanging in the back of shop with three others casting about the village. I wish I had a better picture of all of them together.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

It looks like everyone had a good time.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Fun times!
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'