Peasant outfit from by the sword.

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Peasant outfit from by the sword.

Post by Willrett »

I was just checking some sites being really bored and found this clothing set on by the sword. I think it looks like a good set and it would be a perfect starting set.

http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Ma ... -3001.html
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Peasant outfit from by the sword.

Post by Greg »

Like a lot of things you've brought up, you're absolutely right. It WOULD, in my opinion, make a great clothing set for starting out. HOWEVER, it is $122...which is far more than it'd cost to make something similar on your own.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

That's kinda where I'm at its between time, materials and ability and cost for store bought. Really I don't know which way to go yet, either way for me right now its gonna be a waiting game to I can get money or materials or both.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg

Post by Greg »

I've got a bunch of loose fabric lying around right now...what shirt size do you wear? I'm really tempted to just sew up a tunic for you right now to help you get going, my treat. No promises, since I need to make sure I have enough of one color to be able to pull it off, but if I do, I'll let you know.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Well thanks a lot if you can do it I would owe you big. t-shirt I generally wear a XL or my dress shirts are a 17 if that helps. As soon as I figure out my craft I will return the favor.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Mmkay, I'll see what I can do! Don't worry about returning the favor if I can pull it off...just pay it forward. Pete helped me out early on with some leatherworking stuff. We all pass this kind of stuff around, here.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That's a great sentiment Greg! I will be cleaning out some closets and such in the next couple of weeks, so will be happy to look for items that might fit the bill as well.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"