Little Rangers

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Little Rangers

Post by Eric C »

Here are a few pics of the younger rangers in the Cartrette clan. The cloak and the head garland are courtesy of the Lord and Lady Mirimaran. Thanks again. They look good on the kids, I think. 8) We'll have to work on a quivver for Matt. So, what do you think?

http://picasaweb.google.com/919ericc/LittleRangers#
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Little Rangers

Post by Mirimaran »

Hey they look great Eric! I am so glad that the cloak works! It is amazing how much wool will shrink, before it got washed it was much much bigger, but I think your son looks great in it and your daughter's beauty is only enhanced all the more by the garland! Yup, that boy needs a quiver! Thanks for posting the pics! Again, your kids look great, they do you proud!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

How long of a quiver are you thinking? I may have a piece of leather lying around that would make a perfect back quiver for him, if you're interested...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Kids look great!! I hope I can get my little girl into this when she is big enough. :)
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Mirimaran: Thanks again. They are my pride and joy and a wonderful addition to the family. A friend had a pair of wool socks he wore when hiking. He loved them. . . until he washed them and they shrunk to the size of young children's socks. :shock:

Greg: I need something to accomodate a 26" arrow. And a pattern for the quivver. But I do have two volumes of the Boywer's Bible around here and as I recall, it has a pattern in there somewhere.

Willrett: Just spend time with her and share your interests with her. She will, of course go the route of the little princess at least for a while. Reta is currently enamored with Eowyn. Oh, and it helps that each night after supper I read from LOTR. We are working our way through TTT now. They love i t and always ask, "I wonder what happens next?"
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Eric, here is a nice pattern for a quiver:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ragiwarmbear/d ... kplan.html
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

While I was taking all my pics of all my gear and of course the baby had to be involved. I have a pic of her in my new hood as well as her little pink cloak :lol: . It could be a good cloak pattern.

And it's a cat on the towel.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

OH MAN! Absolutely too cute! See, she's already getting into it with her daddy. 8)

Mirimaran, thanks for the quivver pattern. I will put it to good use after I finish the knives and their sheaths that are going to the State Fair.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Eric, I think I have just the thing. If you don't think it'd work for your son, you could always use it to make a quiver for yourself if you want, if you haven't replaced that denim one yet. It's a piece Pete sent me in a goodie bag awhile back, which he had originally planned to stitch into a quiver, but didn't end up getting finished. I never did anything with it either.

Shoot me a pm if you're interested with your address, and I'll get it sent to you, on me. If you don't like it, you can just use it for something else. It's a nice thick piece that'll be good and durable for some project.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Eric: The kids are looking good

Willrett: She's adorable! To think she picked out her totem, the fierce Pink Panther.