Gloves???

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Gloves???

Post by Willrett »

What are some of types that you guys have? I am thinking about getting a pair of full finger wool and adding leather to each finger and palm and to the top of the left hand (if I shoot off the hand). I have a pair of leather work gloves but they don't fit perfect enough for me, I may try to modify. I have also though about fingerless wool gloves but don't know about grips.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Gloves???

Post by Greg »

I wear no gloves most of the time, and in colder weather, I have a pair of fingerless wool gloves from Jas. Townsend. When it drops down into colder temperatures, I have some S&P Swiss mittens that can fit over my wool gloves.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Sam
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Sam »

Just fingerless wool gloves like Greg, but I have been thinking of fingerless leather gloves too. Most full Leather gloves you find around that are tough enough tend to affect my finger dexterity too much. Wool gloves can tend to be slippery too. Perhaps fingerless suede might be the go.
Faolan

Post by Faolan »

I have a 3-finger shooting glove for my left hand. In the winter I will add fingerless wool gloves that I got from Jas. Townsend. (probably the same ones that Greg has)
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Faolan wrote:I have a 3-finger shooting glove for my left hand. In the winter I will add fingerless wool gloves that I got from Jas. Townsend. (probably the same ones that Greg has)
Aren't they awesome??? My favorite part about them is that they come back far enough for a pair of bracers to hold them in place, so there are never any bare patches.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
RikJohnson

Post by RikJohnson »

depends on why?
for shooting, I go gloveless save a small archers glove on my bow-hand to prevent damage as I shoot off-the-hand.
For tounaments or fighting, hockey gloves<g> or padded motorcycle gloves.

For costume, I have a pair of welders-gloves! get them the right size, dye them and they work very well.

For winter, USAF wool glove inserts inside nay glove that fits.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.