MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

redhandfilms
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by redhandfilms »

Tom_Ranger wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:26 am It's not so much that I want to adopt the new to a LOTR character or age,…
You mean you don’t want to give Aragorn an AR-15?! Haha.
So, since this cloaked worked so well, I think I’ll go ahead and make one out of “Mossy Oak Bottomland” camo, line it for a bit more warmth, and waterproof to give myself a proper modern hunting cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

We do have the "Non-Tolkien Rangers" section for such things, if you've a mind -

viewforum.php?f=24

... I suppose it does make sense to try and be a bit more diligent about that. I know I've left some of my "old timey but not Middle-earth" projects in General rather than down there, which probably wasn't the best choice. Next time. (I do finally have a few projects getting close to showing off, though they're postponed until I finish Christmas sewing)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Tom_Ranger

Post by Tom_Ranger »

redhandfilms wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:46 pm You mean you don’t want to give Aragorn an AR-15?! Haha.
So, since this cloaked worked so well, I think I’ll go ahead and make one out of “Mossy Oak Bottomland” camo, line it for a bit more warmth, and waterproof to give myself a proper modern hunting cloak.
Now you're talking.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

redhandfilms that is cool, I too mix ranger gear with modern stuff when I go hiking, because there are some things that just seem to work better than there modern equivalents, I'll have to see if I can find a photo but I might not have one
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Jack

Post by Jack »

redhandfilms wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 am Image

This may be a bit too modern. Haha.
My cloak and leather wrap gauntlets go great with modern hunting gear. Not just worn for a picture. I’ve been hunting all afternoon in this and will again tomorrow morning.
I think I totally understand where you're coming from though redhand. The only reason I found this board was because I found Iodo's ruana cloak video in YouTube, and the only reason I found THAT was because I was specifically looking for diy rain gear I could take hunting that offered more mobility than a poncho but more versatility and warmth than frog toggs i.e. a cloak lol
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Hah, I think that's a great depiction of a Dunedain Ranger from Stirling's Emberverse series redhand. Nicely done.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Cimrandir wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:59 am Hah, I think that's a great depiction of a Dunedain Ranger from Stirling's Emberverse series redhand. Nicely done.
I was not familiar with this series and after looking it up, I'm adding to my reading list. As I found it described "... another survivor happens to be an archery enthusiast from a horse-owning family who is already obsessed with Tolkien before the world goes mad - and she, with some friends, eventually goes off into the redwood forests of the Northwest, declare themselves descendants of the Númenóreans, and start "reestablishing" the Dúnedain Rangers.
Forty years on in the books, there are people twenty and older who have grown up living in flets, speaking Sindarin as a first language, and studying "The Histories" as true history."

So... Us. Basically all of us on this forum if SHTF.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

redhandfilms wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:10 pm ... another survivor happens to be an archery enthusiast from a horse-owning family who is already obsessed with Tolkien before the world goes mad - and she, with some friends, eventually goes off into the redwood forests of the Northwest, declare themselves descendants of the Númenóreans, and start "reestablishing" the Dúnedain Rangers.
Forty years on in the books, there are people twenty and older who have grown up living in flets, speaking Sindarin as a first language, and studying "The Histories" as true history."

So... Us. Basically all of us on this forum if SHTF.
that is awesome :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I only read the first trilogy which was pretty good. Never got into the sequels about which I’ve heard mixed reviews.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

We got SNOW! and I went out with a friend and a proper camera to get some half decent photo's, yey fun :P

Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Awesome!
Frodo lives!
Tom_Ranger

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Those are great. I like the dark forest; I think I will have to make it my background image on my desktop.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

I do love a foreboding dark forest.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Wonderful shots!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Snow makes everything better, did your friend dress up as well Iodo?
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.