What's everyone working on?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Barandir
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: What's everyone working on?

Post by Barandir »

My current knife setup is still a little on the modern side as well. I’ve got a Condor Hudson Bay that I carry on my main belt w my sporran pouch, and a much smaller Mora blade that I put an antler handle on and got a leather sheath for.
Barandir, a Third Age Dunedain, also known as Brand or the Goshawk.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I only love that which they defend.
Hanasian
Wanderer

Re: What am I working on?

Post by Hanasian »

What am I working on... well, now that we bought a house, the $$ are a bit lacking for extracurricular activities... at least in the acquiring of new stuff. So
in working on getting back into attending medieval faires this year after the chaos that has been the first 3 years of the '20s,, I'm going through all the collected wardrobe costume gear and see what I will use. sell, or give away. I found my battle-grade chainmail shirt!

My Middle Earth 'rangering' has of late been more in the form of writing tales, online roleplaying, fan-fiction, and character creation on a site called RP Repository. I still have a lot of work to do with the house and it progresses as money allows. One big project that is staring me in the face is digitizing reams of my mother's photos and genealogy work which she had dedicated her life's hobby time to. I just got my scanner set up in my study, so we'll see how that goes.

I love seeing all the excellent work everyone does with their kit and other Middle Earthian wares!
Hanasían
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Alright, I wasn't sure when I would get to finish the knife sheath, but my schedule cleared up and turns out it is tonight. Here it is, stamped and stained! Looks a little more "Rangery" now. Really glad I took the time to add the star.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Outstanding!
Frodo lives!
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Nice!
Hanasían
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

nice sheath :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

It looks great redhand! That's an interesting suspension method you have there. How do you like it?
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Cimrandir wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:26 pm It looks great redhand! That's an interesting suspension method you have there. How do you like it?
I assume you mean the suspension on my snapsack. I got rid of the twine and made 4 little straps to hang on each D ring. It worked out great. It sat comfortably on the quiver harness.

Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Oh, sorry no. For your bushcraft knife, it seems like that angled loop is your suspension right? It’s neither a horizontal or vertical suspension since it’s angled so I was wondering how you liked it.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Cimrandir wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:20 pm Oh, sorry no. For your bushcraft knife, it seems like that angled loop is your suspension right? It’s neither a horizontal or vertical suspension since it’s angled so I was wondering how you liked it.
Oh, yes. The angled loop is if I want to do an angled carry on the back or crossdraw on the front, but I actually haven't tried in the real world. There is a normal vertical carry loop behind the handle. I wore it vertical on my recent trip.
Barandir

Post by Barandir »

I'm late posting these, but I finally finished a scabbard project about a month ago that sat in limbo for a couple of years. I made the core ages ago, but just never got around to the leather cover. Finally got a friend to help me out since he's done these before and I have not.

The blade is a Ronin Katana Medieval Saber; not necessarily what most think of as a Ranger blade, but still one of my favorites.

This was the first scabbard core I've done. I've completed a couple of others since, and I've learned to slim them down a little more. This one was a little on the thick/chunky side.
Barandir, a Third Age Dunedain, also known as Brand or the Goshawk.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I only love that which they defend.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

that looks lovely :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Nice job!
Frodo lives!
A Mayer
Dúnadan

Post by A Mayer »

Damn fine job!
A Mayer
Dúnadan

Post by A Mayer »

About to start a new batch of arrows. I cut the knocks a few weeks back. Next I’ll sand and fit them to the string, and seal the shafts.
Then, a good night or two of cutting the fletching. It usually goes quick from there. Fletchings attached and wrapped, then arrow heads.Image