Clothing review - Echo historical textile

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

Clothing review - Echo historical textile

Post by Eofor »

My new warcoat arrived today ahead of schedule despite the makers living in a war zone, having bullet holes in the wall and literally fleeing the country at one stage. I even told them once the war broke out to cancel the order and keep the money and the only reply was an etsy notification that it had been shipped.

You can probably guess that I have nothing but praise for the makers and you would be right. I have ordered a LOT of custom clothing over the years and this fits as well as a suit I was measured for in store - no mean feat for mail order.

The fabric is a lovely tabby weave lightweight wool dyed golden with buckthorn and completely handsewn. Cost was $360USD which is a fair price for such work and fabric.

No hesitations recommending them for future orders, one of the best I've dealt with.

Last edited by Eofor on Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Clothing review - Echo historical textile

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice piece!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That work is just exquisite.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Whoaaaa, that's incredible! I absolutely love that color. The pale gold is just beautiful. I dare say $360 for such a wonderful coat is a bargain even.

It's really amazing how hard-working ECHO is, isn't it? They've certainly earned a customer for life in me. I'm glad to see how well they are doing despite the war.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

that just looks awesome :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.