Hello from Washington

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

athfwyn
Wayfarer

Hello from Washington

Post by athfwyn »

Hello everyone!

I've lurked on this forum for about a year now and have been really kicking myself to create a character, make and modify some accoutrements and get out and actually do an outing. I have recently done so and now have a direction to go in. I hope you all won't mind, but I don't see my character as ranger-y, but instead as a wandering craftsperson, of which I have not quite figured out. She is a hobbit and her name is Athfwyn Brandybuck of Buckland and now she travels the lands of the more settled north.

I have a pretty strong background in woods-related skills, having lived off grid and general bushcraft skills. So thankfully I think quite a bit of my transition will be just more backdating my kit, and picking up some new skills along the way. Lore wise I'm very much a huge Tolkien nerd, and am really interested in mythology and how people used to live.

I have many questions and ideas to ponder on and I'm happy to have finally joined this place.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Hello from Washington

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome!

Not everyone here has a Ranger persona so don't sweat it.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome!
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Welcome.

Not everybody here is a Ranger, but there are many traveling companions from all trades, crafts, and walks of life.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Welcome to the forums Athfwyn! May your stay be long and rewarding.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.