New (Sharp and Pointy) Toy from Eric

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

New (Sharp and Pointy) Toy from Eric

Post by Peter Remling »

I just rec'd this from Eric and I wanted everyone to see an example of his work.

The blade is a full 7 inches: a good length for a all purpose camp/defense blade. I can debone a fish, cut small branches and still have a good sized backup.

The overall length is just over a foot with a blade width at the guard of 1 7/16".

It came useable sharp as a all purpose blade should be.

The wood grip feels good in hand and the color looks great, way better than the pic. The grip is designed with a "ledge" which will decrease the likelihood of my hand sliding down onto the blade even when slick with water/blood.

I believe he already posted some pics here and elsewhere but I took some new ones including an inhand.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... ure774.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... ure775.jpg

The inhand shot is at a slight angle, the knife is bigger than it appears.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46 ... ure776.jpg

I would heartily reccommand one of Eric's blade and look forward to seeing what he comes up with next.

When I get around to making a scabbard I'll post a pic.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: New (Sharp and Pointy) Toy from Eric

Post by Eric C »

Hey Pete. I was hoping it got there today. I'm glad you like it.

Up next: Hmm. I'm playing with a double-edged short sword forged from 1/4" 1095. We'll see how that comes out. I also have some six other knives on order at the present. Hopefully I can post pics soon.

Sorry it took so long to get to you.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

That is a very nice looking blade.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Holy crap that thing's beefy! Looking at the first few photos it looked the size of one of my modern pocketknives. Then I saw the in hand photo and nearly soiled myself.

VERY nice work, Eric!

Pete, when you make that scabbard, could you do a sort of build-along with photos of that project? I'm going to hopefully need to make one myself rather soon.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks Greg. Yeah, she's beefy. Heavy too. I need to invest in a kitchen scale so I know how heavy my knives are.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Nice looking blade!

Someday I will own something like that.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elegost »

Great Blade!