Sword suspension system?

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Sword suspension system?

Post by Greg »

BEST...DAGGER...EVER.

I love mine. Might have to give this a try; right now, I've just been tucking it into my belt. Works well enough, but it might be time to upgrade. I've got enough scraps left over from working on new bracers to do this easily right now, and it'd hold it at a nice angle for me without it impeding the movement of my thighs, which is what it kinda does right now...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Another thought to add to this discussion...just saw a practical VA Castille on eBay (the black ones without all the fancy "custom" duds), and it was pictured with the suspension system aparrently made for the practical line, which I've never seen before.

It looks like the lower strap wraps around the back and then you knot it to the ring on the front. Looks really simple, but really secure to me.

Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Ring belts have a tendency to slip in my experience. As I have no butt everything heads south which is why I generally add a shoulder strap to my personal rigs.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Ring belts aren't really very efficient. I use either a tongue and holes punched as needed or the Celt system of through the ring and back, tying or buttoning to a toggle. Mostly the former. I fasten it like a normal belt, then take the long dangly bit and make the knot. Looks fine.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!