Staff and sword training.

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Staff and sword training.

Post by Willrett »

I just had a 20 minute or so training session in my yard. It started in the garage while I was starting to work on my axe cover. I HAD several wasps flying around and well I had my cold steel 18in sax laying on the bench so after a few killing blows inside I decided to go outside, and I grabbed my staff. Once outside and managed to hit a few more wasps mostly with the flat since they had more room to move around. I switched to the staff and went hunting for all the carpenter/bumble bees. I played around with many different grip types, I am very far from trained but still tried to see what felt good. When I was done I realized my future wife was sitting on the porch laughing so hard she was crying and couldn't even talk.

Just thought I would share and maybe make a few people smile. Hopefully I will get pictures next time.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Staff and sword training.

Post by Greg »

We have ALL done that. I'm a big fan of bumblebees; they make a pleasant *thwack*
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.