For Sale; Dean Sweetwood 00R Acoustic Guitar

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

mcapanelli
Haeropada

For Sale; Dean Sweetwood 00R Acoustic Guitar

Post by mcapanelli »

Hello all,

I know this is a little out of the ordinary, but I thought some of you might be interested. I have a discontinued Dean Smartwood acoustic, 00R to be exact, that I HAVE to sell. According to the Dean rep (A friend for 10 yrs) these guitars cost dean more to make then they sold them for, so they had to stop making them. Dean was losing their shirt on them. Having owned this one for a year I can see why. The guitar is all solid, AAA grade wood throughout. The back and sides are east indian rosewood, the top is sitka spruce, and the neck is mahogany. she has a slotted headstock and grover tuners. This guitar is LOUD for a 00R. It's definitely louder then my martin 00. It has more of a grand auditorium lower bout so that accounts for the extra sound. She's well balanced and a little bass biased without being boomy, the way I like my acoustics to sound. She's 12 frets at the neck, which is an actual dove tail joint, unlike the bolt on joints of modern, and vastly more expensive (anybody say taylor) acoustics available today. The action is set up somewhere between finger style and strumming so it's low, but not right on top of the frets. She's easy to play and I'll guarantee she'll hold her own against any off the shelf solid wood martin, and kick the crap out of the DXM and DR series. She'll also put a modern (post 85') Taylor IN THE GROUND up to the 900 line. I've only used for recording background tracks so she's like new.

So why am I selling her you ask? Well I'll tell you. I have committed some gear sins I now need to pay for, one way or another. I just have more guitars then I use. I have an old D that was made in holland in the 70's I use to teach and do most gigs, a Martin 0028VH I use for most recording and the nicer gigs, and in a month or two I'll have my Manuel and Patterson 12 fret slotted headstock "old time special" . The new one also cost an arm and a leg, so if I don't sell something my wife will take MY arm and leg. Seeing as this is the only production guitar I own (Martin made mine to order) ,and seeing as I have another 00 12 fret on the way that's almost identical to this one, well you get the point. New she was $649, I'll let her go for $550 OBO. If you all are interested, or know of anyone that might be, please hit me up. I'd rather do a local sale as I no longer have PayPal but if need be I will ship. I'll post some photos in a bit but if you need any others please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking and God bless!

~Mike~
Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: For Sale; Dean Sweetwood 00R Acoustic Guitar

Post by Greg »

Hooooolyyyyy crap.

That just sounds gorgeous. Can we get some eye candy in the form of pics while I try to convince my wife to sell her car "for the greater good"?

DO WANT!

Just probably can't afford.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Yeah man, I just figured out how to use the imageshack bulk uploader. She's a real nice guitar. I can always work a deal for a fellow ranger :evil:

Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Back on the block. $475 or best offer. I'm also open to trades for sharp and pointy things (Stop it Pete!).
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Beautiful! Unfortunately I've got a gitfiddle that I bought nearly 20 years ago with the intent to learn to play it and I never have. :cry: That guitar doesn't need to be more wall decoration. It needs a good home.

Edited for typo. I hate typos.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Eric C wrote:Beautiful! Unfortunately I've got a gitfiddle that I bought nearly 20 years ago with the intent to learn to play it and I never have. :cry: That guitar doesn't need to be more wall decoration. It needs a good home.

Edited for typo. I hate typos.
I agree. She's very lonely sitting in the corner. If you know someone that wants about the best guitar you could buy in the $500 and under category please steer them my way.
Winter is coming