LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

Very pretty indeed! :) I had just enough TP to buy it, now I have around 50 or so left haha. Since getting Mall up to 73 I decided to work on an elven Minstrel whose still in her teens, currently. Ringulf, look for either Mallornriel or Anirien; my playing time varies, however, haha. It's a "if you see me, you see me," situation. :P
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Anyone have any idea if or when there would be another LOTRO gathering? I'm dying to meet some fellow rangers on there. We could even do some sort of journey, depending on what level of people were there...

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

We can have one whenever we want to. When do you want to have one? Please feel free to organize it yourself, if you like. Maybe you can plan our "journey" for us, too. ;)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

eek! Well, I would be honored to be able to do that myself, but it's probs best if you guys set the time and date. Ill have a think about the journey :wink:

Life before Death.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Dirhael wrote:eek! Well, I would be honored to be able to do that myself, but it's probs best if you guys set the time and date. Ill have a think about the journey :wink:
Oh, it's easy. Just arbitrarily select a random weekend-day sometime in the future, and if it doesn't work for most of us, pick another one. :mrgreen:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ranger of Arthedain

Ernildhir wrote:
Dirhael wrote:eek! Well, I would be honored to be able to do that myself, but it's probs best if you guys set the time and date. Ill have a think about the journey :wink:
Oh, it's easy. Just arbitrarily select a random weekend-day sometime in the future, and if it doesn't work for most of us, pick another one. :mrgreen:

I would think that a weekend after Thanksgiving would be best suited for everyone, I could be wrong however haha, but it seems logical. I passed you on my way to Starkmoor the other day Ernildhir, and it kinda made me sad lol. :( I miss my Ranger buddies and have been wanting to meet up with you all for quite some time.

So, my proposed dates are: the weekend after Thanksgiving which is the.. 2nd-4th. Or for a later date, we could try for the weekend AFTER that one which is the 9th-11th.

As for the journey, the kin I previously belonged to did a walk to Rivendell. Beings we are Rangers we could do a walk to our ancestor's homelands, if you will. IE. Annuminas, Fornost etc. Just tossing that out there; we can even do it all in character as a Roleplay, stopping at dusk to set up camp and what not. I realize, however, that this can be a time consuming thing so this would be for the sake of photography, I suppose.
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Heh... I didn't see you. Were you on an alt I don't know about? ;)

Thank you for making those propositions. Either of those weekends should work for me, though personally sometime after mid-December would be best. But that's just me. Let's see what works for everyone else. If either of those weekends are doable for all of us, it might be a good idea to take one of them.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

I like your ancestral sojourn idea, too. Annuminas and Fornost always make me emotional. Gandalf, I'm sure we could even enter into the Angmar-occupied Fornost and cleanse it of the evil that lies there if we wish to. Perhaps a journey from Halros' camp in the Shire North to Annuminas, and from there march to Fornost and defeat the terror within.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

This is starting to sound pretty cool. Those weekends would work for me, but preferably earlier in the day, cus you guys are five hours behind me (i think?)

Life before Death.
Ranger of Arthedain

Ernildhir wrote:Heh... I didn't see you. Were you on an alt I don't know about? ;)

Thank you for making those propositions. Either of those weekends should work for me, though personally sometime after mid-December would be best. But that's just me. Let's see what works for everyone else. If either of those weekends are doable for all of us, it might be a good idea to take one of them.
I was on Mallornriel, haha. :P We passed by each other pretty quickly because we sort of popped up on one other over a small hill. I barely caught your name and was like, "Oh wait a minute! I know that person!" LOL. I had every thought in my mind to chase you down and pester you! :P

I'm glad you liked the idea! I did a similar idea with my elf, Aearwen, by journeying into Eregion and cleansing the ruins of the evil there. Speaking of which, have you been inside Minas Elendur and visited all 28 (I think) rooms? The little apparations that appear in certain rooms were a nice touch!

Yeah, Dirhael, we're five hours in behind you. :) I'll leave the time set up in someone else's hands, hehe.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

You should have chased me down and pestered me. ;)

Thanksgiving weekend would be best for me if we are going for one of those two. That's the 25th-26th, right?

Yes, I've visited all of those rooms. Very touching apparitions. I love the room with Annatar.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I should be able to get on Thanksgiving weekend.

The old character I had in the kin was Silivrian...an Elf huntress. But I deleted her as I just didn't really mesh well with the character. I have another huntress, Findisilme...but I am about to rename her Eledhwyn (Eledhwen is taken)...I know the name is available as I made a new character with that name, I'll just delete it when I am ready to change the name on Findisilme.

Anyway, if I can find you folks that weekend I'll ask after getting back into the kinship.

Siani
Nandalad!
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Shall we try for next weekend (Thanksgiving Weekend), then? If so, let's find out what time slots we all have available so we can pick one that works for everyone. Anytime at all should be workable for me next weekend.

If not, we can go for a later weekend.
Dailir

Post by Dailir »

I can probably make it. Although, I haven't played in forever and am still way low leveled.
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
Rhys ap Ieuan

Post by Rhys ap Ieuan »

Ernildhir wrote:If you do decide to transfer I'll give you 25 gold pieces. I learned how to make fortunes by exploiting the auction house, and I need to get rid of it all somehow. 8) No pressure, though. It's not as if Arkenstone is really heavily populated by our forum members... my brother and I are the only Rangers who consistently play there, as far as I know.
If I may ask, what was your technique? I've done pretty well with the AH, mostly selling ore, but not THIS well.