LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Jon »

I would be honored to be an apprentice of such a ranger. Even at level 12 it seams to take AGES.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

;) Just tell me what days are available to you and a time to meet you and I'll be there with bells on. :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

I'm on right now if you want. Otherwise we're on holiday for this week so I'm good for pretty much anytime this week.

Life before Death.
Ranger of Arthedain

Give me time to switch computers and I'll be there in a jiffy! :mrgreen:
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Waitnig for you ;) Thanks

Life before Death.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

In case your wondering my internet went down and now the game won't load

Life before Death.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Ernildhir wrote:By the way, Erich -- I tried to add "Gudhraran" to my friends list, but it said he doesn't exist. Are you sure that's the name of your character, and that he's on the Arkenstone server?
OOPS! :oops: It is spelled Gudhraren. Hope that helps.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

E.MacKermak wrote:
Ernildhir wrote:By the way, Erich -- I tried to add "Gudhraran" to my friends list, but it said he doesn't exist. Are you sure that's the name of your character, and that he's on the Arkenstone server?
OOPS! :oops: It is spelled Gudhraren. Hope that helps.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Wow I tried it get play last night but its been so long since Ive been on it took over an hour to download all the updates.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Made 39th level. Now I'm hunting the pages to some legendary books...while going around slaughtering goblins, wargs, and bears.

It definitely gets harder once past say level 30 or so. LOL

Silivrian
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

Eledhwen wrote:Made 39th level. Now I'm hunting the pages to some legendary books...while going around slaughtering goblins, wargs, and bears.

It definitely gets harder once past say level 30 or so. LOL

Silivrian
A Shot In the Dark, I assume? ;) Have fun with that, it took me a while to find all 8 pages because you can't look for some until you're higher level, around 45-55 to search for those in Angmar and Eregion.

But the skill is worth it ;) Bard's Arrow, the power to drive fear into enemie's hearts with the skill of Bard himself! Haha, me being the person I am tried to use it on Mordirith the False King...needless to say it didn't work, LOL. :mrgreen:

There's also another book called The Furthest Charge, 8 pages of it too. you get the skill Rain of Thorns which locks five enemies close in proximity to each other in place. The pages are scattered throughout Moria, Hithaeglir, Forochel, Angmar and Eregion.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I'm hunting down the pages to all three of the legendary books. *blush* I tend to figure if I'm in an area and can get/do something, I do it all in one go. I tend not to train up every level..but usually only after I have so much damage and am so worn out I cannot function. Or I have so much wood I actually have to process it.

I have almost completed Master Forester, am nearly done with Master Artisan Woodworker and working on Master Woodworker right along. Lots of Lebethron and Black Ash. LOL

I use one of the bows I made, finally. :) Smooth Lebethron Bow of Precision.

My main mission currently is acing the Goblin King up above Whitcleft in the Misty Mountains. I've twice made it almost all the way into his fortress....it isn't easy. But fun, much fun.

Silivrian
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

I've made it to the Goblin King once and haven't attempted it again, haha! I loathe going through Goblin town AND the Mines of Moria with a passion.

I'm not even a novice at that sort of thing, LOL. I never pay attention to it or even attempt to work at it, doing quests is enough for me. ;)
Dailir

Post by Dailir »

Here are some pics of Beth and I in LOTRO. For the full album (I would suggest you check it out) it can be found here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1009052813 ... directlink
Gathering at Esteldin

We're partying it up in the Pony

Quietly reflecting on our ancestry

Kneeling before the ancestral obelisk (This took soo many tries to get it right; The game did not want us to have a good pic! We had an annoying player not leaving us alone, (Who can be seen in the full album) we got attacked by spiders, we had coordination problems, my game glitched, then the rider came back, and then more coordination problems, until finally we got the pic. It was more than entertaining! :mrgreen: )

These guys followed us into the wall. As Beth put it "Its a if you run into a wall who will follow scenario" (Correct me if that's not exact) Originally after it happened we were kind of disappointed because we thought no one had taken a pic. Apparently I did, go me! :lol:
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
Ranger of Arthedain

HAHA!

I didn't know that many people followed us and crashed into the wall of doom! :lol: I ask you, fellow Dunedain, If all the other Rangers crashed into a wall...would you do it too?!

The coordination was completely your fault, I tell you. :mrgreen: The mysterious masked rider just "wanted in on the action", as you put it! ;)