a gathering..MAYBE???

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Oissene
Wayfarer

a gathering..MAYBE???

Post by Oissene »

In October of 2011...the weekend of 6 thru 10 Oct. There will be a SCA event in western North Carolina. It is called War of the Wings(has its own website..U can google it to check it out. This is not a "ren Faire". This is a camping an all who show up participate in 1 way or another...like there arent any folks wanderin around in street clothes...every1 costumes up. There will be heavy fighting, fencing, archery, craft displays, vendors.... The site has a bathhouse, there will be portajohns....You can participate in the activities if Ur so inclined..its not required.....now I know the place isnt centrally located...but it would be fun to see in any of uall wanna show, set up our own incampment..and have a face2face ranger moot/gathering...my personal email is dementoj@embarqmail.com...phone is 910/309-2275...give it a thought
watchinglisteningdefending
Cleddyf
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: a gathering..MAYBE???

Post by Cleddyf »

it sounds really cool, i wish i could go, however the whole different hemisphere part kind of prevents that, :lol:
if it was down here in new zealand i'd be the first to sign up. ah well.
have lots of fun
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hmm, don't know yet weather I can make it. But I've been thinking I need to get in contact with you anyway.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

I'm actually trying to make sure my leave coincides with this. Missed it last year because my son broke his arm. If I can make it, I would be up for a moot.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

A bit of a walk for a weekend from up here. When I was in the Corps I used to drive from Camp LeJeune to here in 18 hours or so for a three day liberty. Not only would I not do that these days, I do not think I'm capable of it! Age changes many things and bang for the buck is a big one, especially when connected to familial duties. My SCA events are limited to very local ones these days and if gasoline goes where they think it will, that will not change for the foreseeable future. O-o

Much as I would love to attend, I cannot. I enjoyed living in NC while I was stationed at LeJeune..some seven years..and the western end of the state even better, but I am afraid I can't do it.

For those who can and do, have an outstanding time. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh yes, if Erich can get his leave in for R&R for that time we are hoping to go. If he can't, myself and my son may still try and go unless Erich is coming in anytime around then.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Oissene
Wayfarer

Post by Oissene »

If we can muster up enuff interest in this...I think i can get us listed for our own camp....bye the way this is a camping event...plus will need to provide our/your/mine own food....not tryin to discourage any1...just statin tha facts
watchinglisteningdefending
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Oissene wrote:bye the way this is a camping event...plus will need to provide our/your/mine own food....not tryin to discourage any1...just statin tha facts
Just like Civ War reenacting like we used to do. No biggie.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Talking of ranger moots, Elegost, what part of the UK do you live in?

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Dirhael wrote:Talking of ranger moots, Elegost, what part of the UK do you live in?
Might want to PM him...he hasn't been super-active of late, so he might not see your request. I'll leave it to him to disclose his location, if he chooses.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Oh yeah thanks for the reminder I'd forgotten about PMs.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Dailir
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dailir »

How many rangers are west coast?
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Dailir wrote:How many rangers are west coast?
Andy M, the originator of our little hobby currently serving the country somewhere, is from Colorado. I'm in northern California, and David, my comerade-in-arms is from this area as well, though he's in school in San Diego. Ernildihir's in the LA area, and hesinraca, who hasn't popped up in awhile, is in either Oregon or Washington...can't remember which. So you're not alone...we're just a bit more spread out. When Andy shows up again, I'm hoping to make a road trip out with David and any other interested West-Coasters to Colorado and have a moot out that way, if he'll have us. When he pops back up, I'll keep you posted.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.