100% @ 90% wool boggins for sale!

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

100% @ 90% wool boggins for sale!

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi all,

Ok, here is a small sampling of Morielda's work. All hats $15 apiece, 2 for $25 in your choice of colors. Shipping included in CONUS, please pm Morielda if interested, paypal preferred! Thanks!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Kiriana
Haeropada

Re: 100% @ 90% wool boggins for sale!

Post by Kiriana »

Is this from store bought wool yarn or from handspun wool? I do have a reason for my question.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi Kiriana,

Two different brands are used. One is sold as Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. It retains all of the essential oils in the fleece and the other used is Patton's Wool. I hope that helps! She does have llama wool but it has not been fashioned into yarn yet.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Reason I ask is because I get reactions from processed wool... If it's unprocessed wool, I have no problems.. but apparently something in the chemical process on wool for store bought stuff.. even yards of wool cloth, I get reactions. So putting one on my head that is made from processed wool, would cause a bad rash on my head hehe.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Morielda does have quite an assortment of acrylic yarn if you think that might work better for you, if you are still interested, but totally understand about the rash.
Morielda
Wayfarer

Post by Morielda »

Also, please note, if needed, I can knit orange hunting boggins for anyone who goes hunting on a regular basis and wants to make sure that they can be seen so as to avoid any hunting accident. These boggins will be made of either acrylic or wool and will have a hunter's discounted price of $10 each, or two for $20. Thanks :)
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Mirimaran wrote:Morielda does have quite an assortment of acrylic yarn if you think that might work better for you, if you are still interested, but totally understand about the rash.
I do like the cream/off white one at the bottome and the tan/green one just above it... but yeah, would have to be acrylic and not processed wool. Can't get any right now anyway but can at end of the month(ish) after tax money comes in. hehe I like them to sleep in when we are camping to keep my head warm, during the colder months. Right now I wear one of Erich's army knit caps and it drives me nuts hehe. They stretch out and even after washing don't shrink back up so damn thing constantly comes off my head hehehe

Morielda
Wayfarer

Post by Morielda »

Since the pic was taken with a cell phone, the color went a little off on a couple or three... um four boggins. The cream colored boggin is really the natural color. The one perceived as tan/green is actually a light heather gray. The three that look black aren't black. The one on the bottom right is a dark brown. One of the two at the top is a dark green with flecks in it. The other is another, amazingly lighter, brown also with flecks in it. I thought I would just clarify since I had not already. I should have. I apologize.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Ok then I like the heather grey and the natural hehe